Business Acumen Summit
November 8th, 2018
9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Sydney Start-up Hub
Level 1, 11-31 York St, Sydney
Discover The Inconvenient Truths About Driving Profitability And Growth!
An Exclusive Event With
The #1 Authority On Team-Based Strategic Thinking And Growth For Business Leaders
Richard Kelly is recognised as the #1 Authority On Team-Based Strategic Thinking and Growth For Business Leaders. For over 30 years, he has been highly sought-after by leaders who want to unlock the true potential of their team’s strategic thinking and business acumen.
Are you and your team clear and focused, or do you procrastinate
and second-guess yourselves and the competition?
If this question resonates with you, you owe it to yourself and your organization to attend the Business Acumen Summit.
During the Summit, you will
- Explore causes of business model disruption
- Identify strategies to mitigate bias in problem solving & decision making
- Understand the multiplier effect of having an owner’s mindset
- Appreciate how understanding the big picture allows you to spot “red flags”
The Business Acumen Summit will help leaders deal with 3 core problems that occur when faced with an uncertain and ambiguous operating environment.
1. Acknowledge that traditional ways of thinking are no longer working
- How does your mindset need to shift?
- What are the organisational assumptions and paradigm that are holding you back?
- Evaluate how “at risk” your business model is to disruption
- How encouraged are your people to challenge the status quo?
2. No matter what level you are at you need to appreciate the big picture
- Does your team know how what you do on a daily basis either creates or destroys value?
- Is it simple & clear?
- Understand how the score is kept and what to measure
- Understanding your industry & its dynamics
- Break down “Silo” mentality
- Thinking like owners/take ownership
3. Leaders need to find new ways of engaging their teams in solving business problems
- The answer to your business problems lies in unlocking your teams insight
- Learn from mistakes not allocate blame & failure/fear
- Focus on solving the right problem
- Purposeful collaboration